Saturday, April 19, 2014

Review: Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color (Currant)

First review post!

The other day I found a Sonia Kashuk lipstick on clearance at Target for maybe $4. Helluva deal.

Snazzy, yea? I've been trying to get darker lipsticks lately (I'm stuck on fall season colors) and this seemed perfect.

I really like the packaging, and how the color on the outside is the same as the lip color. Other brands just have a sticker with the color name on it, and usually the shades don't match up at all.

The actual lipstick part of it has the Sonia Kashuk initials on it!! I don't know why, but this made me super happy even though it disappears after a few applications.


My lips/skin looks super gross, I apologize.

Color: The lighting doesn't show it but the color's pretty dark, and stays true to its shade name (currant). Usually, colors don't show up on me because I have pretty dark, yellowy skin, but this actually showed up really well!! It's not a dark maroon or a bright red. I think it's a really good color for someone who's used to wearing lighter shades but wants to transition into darker shades.

Staying power: I wore this to a business conference, and the color stayed on 100% for the first 4 hours. Afterwards, it got lighter and lighter, but I'm still impressed.

I recommended this to all my friends because the shade sits perfectly between a normal red and dark wine red.

overall: this lipstick is bae