Saturday, April 19, 2014

Ipsy Bag: April 2014

Ayyyye I got my second ipsy bag!

I had a bit of trouble getting this one because although I changed my address before the 5th of March, they still sent the package to my old address. I missed out on the feeling of finding a package in my mailbox :c o well, I'm pleased with the contents.

An overview of the whole bag. I forgot to take a picture of the actual April makeup bag, but it's pretty basic. I'm not impressed by the makeup bag designs so far.

Onto the items!


1) Kiss lashes in Shy

I have small eyes, so lashes that aren't natural-looking really looks weird on me. These are perfect ;; they're long and light and perfectly curled. So happy.

Approx. retail price: $4


I just tried it on this morning, and I think it did help with mattifying. As for filling in pores, it didn't do much for my skin. Plus the texture feels oily, so I felt strange putting it on my face. I'm not the biggest fan of this, but let's see about the anti-acne benefits.

Approx. retail price: $19 (hell yea)




The pigmentation is amazing!! I love that it's shiny, but not glittery because the shiny bits are super small. As for the color, I'm not a huge fan because it looks too yellow. The pigmentation/shine makes up for it though.

Approx. retail price: $4






Really interesting container. You untwist the bottom out, then pull out the brush from the top and insert it back in upside down, and you can hold it like a full brush.

The color is pretty nice, but a little light for me. I thought it'd be a slightly coral/pink tint but it ended up being frosting pink. For a tinted lip balm, the color's pretty opaque though. (sorry for the scratches on the lip balm, I was excited to try!)

Approx. retail price: $19



I'm so happy about getting a UD item in this bag !!!!!!!
I wore this on a warm night to Berkeley, and when I came home 5 hours later, the only smudges on my eye were from my Maybelline mascara. I wish I had the money for UD liners regularly hahaa

Approx. retail price: $20 (I'm pretty sure I got the mini though?)